Report: #591929

• Amazon.com

Internet
    United States of America

Amazon.com Seller scam Internet

Sellers and buyers beware. Amazon.com has ripped me off. They did so by way of an item I sold.

I sold a wireless router and it was listed as like-new condition. Was this the best choice? Probably not. But it was my choice. Upon the sale of the item and receiving of it by the customer, the customer proceeded to email me through Amazon's contact seller links. I immediately replied to the buyer with the requested information in the same day. Twice. Five days later the buyer files a dispute with Amazon stating he did not receive any contact from me even though I had evidence proving otherwise. Amazon sided with the buyer by claiming that my item was not as listed, even though it was exactly as listed.

They gave the buyer a full refund and did not require them to return the item to me. The buyer was essentially rewarded for lying by receiving a free product. Even after filing a dispute with Amazon and a report with the Better Business Bureau, Amazon closed the case. While the cost to me was minimal, it is the fact of the matter that someone lied to them and they believed it. I had conclusive evidence to prove otherwise against the buyers claim and Amazon never once requested it. So buyers and sellers beware. They will screw you over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2010 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/internet/amazoncom-seller-scam-internet-591929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content