Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Reported By: Jersey City New Jersey
    Amazon.com
    Nationwide

Amazon.com Amazon.com is abusive to seller Seattle Washington

I decided to sell items at Amazon.com.

Sales went pretty good and Amazon informed me that they had disbursed payment to my bank account after I had waited the 14 days that all new sellers are required to.

The next day I get an email telling me I am under a seller review. It doesn't say why and I don't think anything of it.

The funds (about $1500) never made it to my bank account.

I call Amazon seller help and they confirm that I will not get the funds that Amazon already told me were transfered to my account until the review is complete. I ask why I am being reviewed and Amazon seller help tells me they don't have that information and they provide me with an email address that I am to use to learn why I am being reviewed. Amazon seller helps tells me there is no phone number I can call.

I email the address and get an auto generated response that doesn't answer any of my questions.

I call Amazon and ask how I can complain. Again, they give me an email address and tell me there's no phone number that I can call.

Same thing happens. An auto generated email returns that doesn't answer any of my questions.

I call Amazon seller help and share this nightmare to them.

They provide me with this snail mail address to their Legal Dept:

Amazon.com Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Fax: 206-266-7010

Pretty sad that I have to write a Legal Dept to ask why a seller review is being conducted when I have three 5.0 feedbacks and why amazon apprised me they had disbursed funds to my bank and then failed to do so? Is this the best use of their Legal Dept's time? It certainly is a huge waste of mine.

In the meantime, I am still expected to ship items to customers and pay for shipping, handling, etc...

Is this anyway to do business?

I hope a state Attorney General or a class action lawyer is reading this somewhere.

Pathetic.

Chuck
Jersey City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/nationwide/amazoncom-amazoncom-is-abusive-to-seller-seattle-washington-315029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content