Complaint Review: amazon.com

• Reported By: Irene — Fort Lauderdale Florida USA
  • amazon.com

Seattle, Washington
    United States of America

amazon.com Amazon.com Withholds Funds to Seller. Unethical Practices Seattle, Washington

I too am a victim of selling on Amazon.com.  I cannot believe this company is getting away with withholding payment to sellers and if there is a class action suit against them I am ready to sign up.  I started selling on amazon.com a few months ago.  On December 1 I received an email that my account was in review for 30 days.  Of course this puts it to Dec 31 and since they take a few days to process it means I won't get paid until January 2010...but won't their Dec. 31 balance sheet look good.

All orders by customers had been shipped and I supplied Amazon with the tracking numbers.  Amazon said that I didn't get enough customer feedback.  I had gotten four feedbacks and all were very positive.  I had no returns, no negative customer comments.  They told me to keep selling while my account was in review.  Reading other comments by sellers this is just a ploy to hold more money from you.  I am concerned that when the 30 days is up they will extend it to another 90 days like they did with other sellers and possibly block or suspend my account.  As a Woman Owned Small Business holding these funds is a hardship as I have to pay my suppliers for the goods I have sold.  You can't talk to anyone at Amazon about this and forget the emails.   I can't believe they are getting away with hurting the sellers like this and how they can illegally hold these funds in their account where they are earning interest on it.  If there is an investigative reporter or an attorney who will take this on....please speak up NOW!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/seattle-washington-/amazoncom-amazoncom-withholds-funds-to-seller-unethical-practices-seattle-washington-536081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content