Complaint Review: America Advantage - Ez1rate

• Updated: Wed, April 26, 2006
  • Reported By: san jose California
  • America Advantage - Ez1rate

New York, New York

America Advantage - Ez1rate us govt grant ripoff phone scam First Call Came From New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: EZ1Rate is not affiliated with Advantage America

I received a phone call today from a lady saying she is calling about a US govt grant that I had been approved for. $8000.00 to be exact. I recently applied for a school grant around that amount, so I thought it had something to do with that.

She verified my first and last name, then my home address.

She didn't ask for my social security number, or anything like that. Then she asked what bank I use. I don't have one, so I told her I don't have a bank. Then she asked "well, how am I suppose to send you the grant money?". I said "I don't know, send me a check or something." Then she asked "do your family members have a bank account that we can send the money to?". I said "I don't know, I guess I could ask my Dad." She said she'd call me back in ten minutes. When she called back the number was "unavailable", but I didn't think anything of it.

I feel so stupid that I didn't see all the signs. They had automated verification and gave me account #05717670. I ended up convincing my cousin into letting my "grant money" be transferred into her account. Luckily, I became suspicious and did some online research. She called her bank and flagged her account, and is closing the account tomorrow.

I feel horrible for being so stupid and naive, and dragging my cousin into my blunder. I hope other people read these ripoff reports before they get the "scam" phonecall.

Athena
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2006 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-advantage-ez1rate/new-york-new-york/america-advantage-ez1rate-us-govt-grant-ripoff-phone-scam-first-call-came-from-new-york-172607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

EZ1Rate is not affiliated with Advantage America

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

EZ1Rate.com is in no way affiliated with Advantage America. EZ1Rate.com uses the same sales company to offer its services. To contact Advantage America please call 1-877-851-4373.

Please call 1-800-923-8939 to contact customer service for EZ1Rate.com. Our well trained staff of customer service representatives will be able to assist you.

Please review your bank statement to find customer

Customer Service