Complaint Review:

America Star Books (Publish America) AUTHOR BEWARE MAJOR SCAM Maryland Internet

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

In 2009, I signed with Publish America, now America Star publishing company. I was so excited to see my book in print. The contract is written as a tiered royalty scale, which I was fine with. However, I had roughly 20 family members and friends purchase books through Amazon or their direct site within the first year. At the one year mark, I recieved a letter saying that I sold 12 books, but no royalties would be issued because of the tiered scale. Then Barnes&Noble.Com and Borders.com began selling my book. I had several co-workers purchase my book and six months later I received a letter that I sold 0 books. I emailed the company through their website because I was becoming concerned that I was scammed. They do not have a direct contact for me to call, no 800 was listed and no phone number to reach a real person. Someone did however respond to my email and told me pretty much to go f**k myself. That I was a loser and sold 0 books from the entire time I was signed. I already knew that was a lie because I kept and still have to letter that told me I sold 12. I kept responding to this person, but you cannot resspond via their email because its a "no reply" email address.So to respond, I had to go back to their website and fill out the form.

Recently, Within the last two months, I had two people buy my book from Amazon and this morning I received an email that I sold 0 books.

What I don't understand is that this company is an American company, they have thousands of complaints about being ripped off and yet they are still allowed to be in business. This kind of company gives the publishing industey a bad name and they should be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2014 03:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-star-books/internet/america-star-books-publish-america-author-beware-major-scam-maryland-internet-1173104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Star Books