Complaint Review: American Acceptance LLC

• Reported By: cleves Ohio
  • American Acceptance LLC
    600 17th Street Suite #2800 Denver Colorado 80920
    6050 Stetson Hills Blvd, Suite#300 Colorado Springs, Colorado

American Acceptance LLC Be ware of Collection Agency whom represents themselves as attorneys for garnishment. Colorado Springs Colorado

*Consumer Comment: THEY ARE LIARS

Please beware of American Acceptance LLC. They phoned me at home requesting the verification of employment for my husband. I returned there call and they told me they were attorneys and that my husband had been sued and they are attaching a garnishment to my business account. They told me that if I did not pay right now the amount owed that they would proceed with the garnishment and the payoff of 1068.42 would increase to 3501.00 which would include there attorney fees. They had the name of my bank and also the limits that were available on the credit cards in which me and my husband now own.

They kept saying that mail on this account was
mailed to me and that I received it however I failed to respond. I argued that no notices were mailed or received, They told me if I did not state that they were received they could not drop the attorney fees, or keep this from attaching to my credit. That was there way of getting me to agree that this was my faught.

Please be careful, per my credit protection agency, they knew my information by simply pulling my credit report. The debt was over 16yrs old and the statue of Limitiations in my state is 15yrs on an loan. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
They are very deceptive and nasty......

Sonya
cleves, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-acceptance-llc/6050-stetson-hills-blvd-suite300-colorado-springs-colorado-80920/american-acceptance-llc-be-ware-of-collection-agency-whom-represents-themselves-as-attorne-384083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author