Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

The following is what I wrote in the Feedback section of www.aa.com (American Airlines);

I booked 2 tickets w/AA, traveling from SMF to JAX for 9/25/17 to 9/30/17. We are building a new home in Fernandina Beach, FL were supposed to close 9/27/17. Due to Hurricane Irma, all the "trades" are working on emergency situations in the Jacksonville, FL area. Our closing date has been suspended until the more critical work can be completed, and then things like new home building will resume. We have no idea of how long this will take, and the builder says it may be 2 weeks, or longer. I called Travelocity to cancel our flights for next week, until we get word that work on our new home has resumed, and the builder will have a completion date, so we can go to FL and close our home. AA is penalizing us $200.00 per ticket, and will not consider this a hardship. Travelocity on the other hand, in a show of good faith and consideration, IS refunding us $200.00 of the fees that your heartless enterprise will not. Hurricane Irma has touched many lives, and AA apparently could care less. I will tell you that I am never using AA again, but I doubt that you'll care. I will use social media to broadcast this experience as well, but again, I doubt you'll care. I would like a response to this, but doubt I will get one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2017 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-airlines/internet/american-airlines-hurrican-irma-consideration-internet-1400812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines