Complaint Review: American Education Services - AES

• American Education Services - AES
    AES/PHEAA 1200 North 7th Street
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

American Education Services - AES Telemarketer Lied Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Good Grief!!

This company is awful. What happened was they telemarketed me continuously, the telemarketer insisted that he was trying to 'help me' but what he was really trying to do was sell me a loan consolidation plan even after I hung up on them they continued to called me and I finally gave in which I deeply regret. While we were doing the consolidation process I asked him point blank will I still get to keep my grace period, this was critical since I had no job, and he told me yes.

So a month later I receive a bill from them. I called them to get them to reverse the problem and they said that there is no more grace period and that I'd need to pay up or they'd take further action against me. They were rude and when I tried to interrupt to get a word in the guy barked to let him finish. I did not have the money to pay and they told me my only option was forbearance which I had no choice but to do and they continued to charge me interest for 4 months until I got a job!

I am will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to explore my legal options against this company. It's not surprising that they have an 'F' rating with the Better Business Bureau

PLEASE, IF YOU GET TELEMARKETED BY THIS COMPANY SAY 'ADD THIS NUMBER TO YOUR DO NOT CALL LIST' AND HANG UP THE PHONE! I WISH I HAD!

Cameron
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2009 12:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-education-services-aes/harrisburg-pennsylvania-17102/american-education-services-aes-telemarketer-lied-harrisburg-pennsylvania-445698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Good Grief!!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

A telemarketer lied to you?? Imagine that!! Simple solution for you:STAY OFF THE PHONE!! No ripoff here, just ignorance.........lawyer will tell you the same thing.