Complaint Review: American Express

PO Box 00001
    Los Angles, California
    United States of America

American Express Inaccurate reporting to credit bureau Los Angles, California

I was having difficulty paying off my business charge card in 2010. I volunteered to go on their plan to have the payment deducted from my account monthly. That was mid-2010.

Since then I made every payment on time and paid back nearly $30,000.00. During this process I asked numerous times; when the account is paid can I begin to use the card again, and I was assured I would be able to do that.

I January I made the final payment. I was informed at that point my account was cancelled in July of 2011. I became concerned about my credit score and when I pulled it I saw that American Express had put my account on a charge off status as of July 2011. There are charge offs for July, August, September, October, November and December.

During that period I was making my payments as agreed. Further American Express now owes me a credit because they overcharged my account in last period.

I have made several attempts to get it squared up with American Express and I get the "that's not my department" dance. Currently I have addressed it with the credit bureaus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2012 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-express/los-angles-california-90096/american-express-inaccurate-reporting-to-credit-bureau-los-angles-california-837649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content