Complaint Review: American Family Insurance

• Reported By: donny — holmen Wisconsin
  • American Family Insurance

La crosse, Wisconsin
    USA

American Family Insurance American Family Insurance doesn't pay out when their drivers are in an at fault accident! La crosse Wisconsin

I was T-boned by a driver that was insured by American Family Insurance.  Me and my 9 year old boy were in the car (2004) Honda Accord.  The driver was cited for speeding and failure to yield the right of way at an uncontrolled intersection.  I wasn't cited.  The police came and took down the accident report and told me that it was a clear cut accident.  He was at fault and his insurance would have to pay for it.  Well, American Family Insurance of La crosse is only willing to give me a 60-40 buy out of my vehicle. $4300!

Last week the accident adjuster called me and said they would give me $7700 which I was willing to accept.  Now, the accident investigator calls me and says I did nothing to avoid the accident and I was inatentive at the wheel.  Really?  with my 9 year old in the car.  Not!  In any case, after doing some research, American Family acrosse the nation practices this 60-40 rule instead of taking responsibility for paying out damages to a victim like myself that cannot just go out and finance a new car. [continued below]....

.....

Even if I could, They still take there monthly premiums and run and don't want to pay out what they owe to innocent victims.....On top of which, my son and I were injured and they are now trying to minimize that and don't want to pay out medical damages.  They also won't pay car rental until I find a car or storage cost for my totaled car.  Did I mention that if the other driver would have hit me a second later, I would be dead!

DO NOT USE AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-family-insurance/la-crosse-wisconsin-54601/american-family-insurance-american-family-insurance-doesnt-pay-out-when-their-drivers-a-1054379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content