Complaint Review: American Financial Services (AFS)

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Reported By: Joe — Owensboro Kentucky United States of America
  • American Financial Services (AFS)
    3511 Silverside Road
    Wilmington, Delaware
    United States of America

American Financial Services (AFS) Scammed me out $2,276 claiming they had a buyer for my timeshare. Wilmington, Delaware

I was initially contacted by someone who introduced himself as Paul Guzman (cell 302-416-1539 no longer in service) claiming to represent American Financial Services. He was inquiring whether or not we were interested in selling our timeshare because he has an interested party. He explained to me the process that the party (by the name of Alex and Jennifer Prado) would put up 20% or $21,800.

After considering this, checking out the website and believing it was legitimate decided to go forward with it. I sent FedEx a cashier's check for $2,276 to a Deleware address and it was signed for by a L. Cipter the following day. I also received from customer service a receipt.

I was told by Mr. Guzman he would call me weekly and actually did for 2 weeks. I have had no contact for the last 3 weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-financial-services-afs/wilmington-delaware-19810/american-financial-services-afs-scammed-me-out-2276-claiming-they-had-a-buyer-for-my-880730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content