Complaint Review: American Home Shield - Home Warranty Service

• American Home Shield - Home Warranty Service
    PO Box 849
    Carroll, Iowa
    United States of America

American Home Shield - Home Warranty Service Subsidiary of ServiceMaster Company Refused to fix my Microwave whixh is covered under the contract -THAY ARE A RIP OFF COMPANY Carroll, Iowa

*Author of original report: Finally recieved new microwave

*Author of original report: Received new GE Microwave/Oven Dual Wave Unit

*Author of original report: Contact Info for AHS President

Remember one thing - Rip off Company

I am a policyholder and requested service for my GE Dualwave combination oven/microwave unit in Feb 2010. Both units share a common built in control panel. The tech came out from Eurocare and quickly replaced the burner element in the oven and all was fine. Very impressed with the service. Last week my microwave oven made a loud "pop" and went dead. I called for another service and this time a tech from AG Appliance Repair came out. He fiddled around for a long time and finally said he needed a capacitor and would have to get it and make another service call. The following week a different technician from AG came out and again fiddled around for about 35 minutes. He then informed me that someone had taken out the internal thermostat and "jumpered" the wires. I informed him that the only work ever performed on the oven was a few months earlier and of course now. He said it looked like I needed a complete new board and that probably wasn't available so I'd probably need a new unit. After I few days I called AG and was advised the claim was denied. I called American Home Shield and got the runaround. Finally got to the denial department (30 minute wait) and I reviewed the entire matter with I believe the ladies name was Carolyn.  She basically scoffed at my story and said they weren't going to fix it. We agreed that the unit was working after the Feb repair and it was still under coverage. Her position was that since a part is now missing I must have done something. RIDICULOUS. The tech at AG did tell me "unofficially" that sometimes if a thermostat is old and they can't get the part they sometimes jumper it (remove it and reconnect the wires). I can't prove anything but I have a strong feeling the first AG tech tried this "fix" and made things worse. This is based on the amount of time he was attempting to fix it. In any event the unit remains broken. I am know for my perseverance  so its only the beginning for American Home Shield.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2010 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield-home-warranty-service/carroll-iowa-51401/american-home-shield-home-warranty-service-subsidiary-of-servicemaster-company-refused-t-617135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

3Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Finally recieved new microwave

AUTHOR: R.Kelly - (United States of America)

After much perseverance I received a new microwave and oven. Had to go to the top and threaten a lawsuit which I would have done but I'm happy with the new replacement. Remember: If you are sure that you are right never give up.

Received new GE Microwave/Oven Dual Wave Unit

AUTHOR: R.Kelly - (United States of America)

Forget the lower level AHS contact folks. You will get nowhere. I contacted David C. Qandt the President of AHS in Carroll, Iowa and resolved the situation in 24 hours. His email is DQuandt@ahslink.com. After advising him that I was bringing him to Iowa small claims court and seeking maximum damages which is $5000 he personally called me at my requested time.

Note: You can call the Carroll Court Clerk's office and get all the forms by mail. You can then submit them by mail to the clerk but you must have a Company name, company address and a person's name. That where Dave comes in. The Sheriff will serve him. The clerk advised me that you can also ask the court for a review so you don't have to attend. I would have gone to Carroll and then incorporated my expenses and frustration as costs plus anything left over go for punitive damages.

In summary be professional, consistent and start at the top. Retail costs of the replacement oven per G.E. is $2199.95

Contact Info for AHS President

AUTHOR: R.Kelly - (United States of America)

Dave Quandt is the President of American Home Shield located at 1524 E U.S. Hwy 30, Carroll, Iowa. His personal email is: DQuandt@ahslink.com. I plan on suing him and am looking for his home address in case it's needed for serving. I'll keep you all posted. I am coming from California to Iowa so you know I am determined. I'm trying to get the national news shows interested in AHS including 60 minutes. Any Attorneys are welcome to assist. Thay are a division of ServiceMaster which is a large Company. The truth needs to get out.