Complaint Review: American Home Shield Warranty

• Reported By: Dlr5270 — Sarasota Florida USA
  • American Home Shield Warranty

Nationwide
    USA

American Home Shield Warranty Sent out a company who did not fix the problem and lied to me about what the problem was Nationwide

I called American Home Shield which I have a contract with and pay monthly for their service.

The contract says they will fix or replace my appliance if they cannot fix it.

They send out Cooper Appliance from Bradington Fl.  They came out and  told me it was a venting problem.   I had the vents cleaned and the dryer still did not dry the clothes.

They came back out three times with the same story that it was still the venting problem.  They finally sent a manager who said it was a venting prblem.

Not being a service repair person I beleived them.  I tried to use the dryer as it was for a couple months until I saved for a new dryer.  I bought a new dryer and it worked fine.  I never changed the venting and it worked prefectly. It drys a load in 15 minutes.

I called American Home Shield and told them what Cooper Heating had said they they did not care.  They said they could not make Cooper fix the dryer and they would not even give me back my $75 service fee.

I am out my service fee and the vent cleaning fee.  I had to buy a new dryer to prove that it was not a venting problem.

They should have at  least given me back the service fee.  They were supposed to replace my dryer because they could not fix it.  Cooper Heating lied to us and they work for American Home Shield.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2017 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield-warranty/nationwide/american-home-shield-warranty-sent-out-a-company-who-did-not-fix-the-problem-and-lied-to-1392338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content