Complaint Review: American Home Shield / Wells Fargo

• American Home Shield / Wells Fargo
    2712 Copper Creek Rd.
    Herndon, Virginia
    United States of America

American Home Shield - Wells Fargo Added charges to our Wells Fargo Mortgage bill for a American Home Shield without our knowledge, they refused to reimburse. Herndon, Virginia

* : Blame your realtor

I was never contacted by AHS with any offer, they never sent any receipt or contract; but I was billed $43 extra on my mortgage bill by Wells Fargo. I first called Wells Fargo and they said it was not their charge and I would have to contact AHS myself. Since I did not have number, Wells Fargo Mortgage provided it for me.

Once I called AHS in mid-July they told me my name was taken off the subscribers list and I would be reimbursed for the full amount paid.

This month (August) my Wells Fargo bill listed another charge for AHS, meanwhile, AHS sent me a letter July 21 saying that my "contract" entitled them to charge me one month's payment for "prorated charges and administrative" fees. But I had never gotten or signed a contract,and was told earlier in the month that I would be repaid in full.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2009 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield-wells-fargo/herndon-virginia-20171/american-home-shield-wells-fargo-added-charges-to-our-wells-fargo-mortgage-bill-for-a-a-479078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1

Blame your realtor

AUTHOR: justagirl7386 - (USA)

AHS never contacted you because the real estate agent who sold you your home initiated the contract.  I'm sure somewhere in the pile of information you were given at the closing there is reference to the AHS contract.  I'd contact the realtor to confirm he/she applied for the coverage.