Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Updated: Tue, July 04, 2017
  • Reported By: Brooks in Houston — Pearland Texas USA
  • American Home Shield

USA

American Home Shield AHS RIPPED OFF for $4,000 on A/C replacement Nationwide Nationwide

I bought my house in 2007. My home inspectr advised me that the the central Air conditioning unit was about to fail. I thought a home warranty with American Home Shield (AHS) would be a good idea, so i started paying $41 eatch month through automatic bank withdrawal. The unit hung on for another 10 years. By then it was 25 years old and had to be replaced.

I was advised by AHS that they would pay me back for the cash value of the new parts, but when the time came to settle up, all they would pay for was the main coil, and a partial value on the freon - they paid about $300 while I had to replace the entire unit at a cost of over $4,000.

Do NOT do business with AHS!

I paid for the A/C unit TWICE. Once to install a new unit. and again simply to line AHS' pickets. I fought for almost an entire year, but they stonewalled and wormed their way out of every item, one by one, on my repair list. They had an excuse for everything.

NEVER get an extended warranty. Set up your own savings account instead of paying American Home Shield. I was left completely in the cold.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2017 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/-/american-home-shield-ahs-ripped-off-for-4000-on-ac-replacement-nationwide-nationwide-1383040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content