Report: #202221

• American Home Shield
    PO BOX 849
    CARROLL, Iowa

American Home Shield ripoff CARROLL Iowa

I would like to take part of class action Law Suit against American Home Shield. A total rip off.

First problem I had was with my sewage line. I had water back up in my house. Called AHS sent a contractor to my home and they indicated that my outside sewage line pipe inside the ground was busted and that they had to replace whole line which would cost about $8,000.00 and American Home Shields would not cover. This happen around January of 2006. I called another plumbing company. They came out and found a root in my sewages line and pull it out and everything is fine. It cost me about $365.00 to have this done. Sent American Home Shield a letter requesting reimburstment and they told me no.

Second, June 2006 AC problem called American Home Shield sent a contractor out. Contractor told me coils were damage by some one and American Home Shields was not going to cover. I repalce my Unit inside for $1,380.00 do to there report. In meantime my outside unit whichs was put in in June 2003 started having problems and come to fine out my compressor went in July 2006. Called American Home Shields sent a contractor he tried to rip me off concerning Fueses and wanted to charge me $150.00 on top of $45.00 I already paid him. I told ime to get loss.

Called American Home shields so many times talk to Veronica in Memphis office. She was helpful and trying to send out another contractor but American Home Sheilds denied my claim on AC compressor. And I sill have no AC in my home and it has been 100 Degrees in Maryland. And I now have to kick out another $600.00 for AC Compressor.

This is really sad and a rip-off by American Home Shields.

David
Columbia, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2006 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/carroll-iowa-51401-990/american-home-shield-ripoff-carroll-iowa-202221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content