• Report: #1320734

• Reported By: madashell — League City Texas USA
American Home Shield
Internet USA

American Home Shield AHS A monumental waste of time and money Memphis tennessee

I have had a warranty with AHS for over four years.  Until recently, AHS had been responsive in dispatching technicians whenever I submitted a service request. Until recently, each service request resulted in a repair of a component in my home, covered by my warranty.  On Monday, July 25, 2016, I noticed I had no hot water.  Upon inspecting the water heater located in my attic, I noticed water in the drip pan under the unit.  I contacted AHS and submitted a service request.  On July 26, 2016, a technician from Mr. Rooter arrived at my home to assess the unit.  He informed me the unit was old and that rain coming from the roof had damaged the unit. It is important to note that this unit survived Ike, Sandy, the floods of 2015 and 2016 with no evidence of any leakage from the roof or the seal around the vent at the roof.  There is NO DAMAGE to anything else.  In my opinion, AHS used this finding as justification to deny my claim.  I got two separate quotes from  two other plumbers who had no knowledge of the previous finding.  Both agreed the unit was old and needed to be replaced and both cited normal wear-and-tear.  There was no mention of any damage from any other source.  I requested a second opinion from AHS.  Again, the plumber who was sent by AHS rendered the same finding as the first, forcing me to conclude that there is collusion on the part of AHS and those contracted with them.  On Friday, July 29, 2016, I experienced problems with my kithen sink.  Specifically, the spray wand came loose, causing the water to leak into the cabinet uner the sink. Again AHS dispatched a plumber from Mr. Rooter who reported that "someone" had disconnected it.  I informed him this was not possible but he reported it in such a was as to justify AHS to deny the replacement of a faucet that cost less than $100.00  After spending over two hours on hold with customer service and customer retention, with no satisfactory result, I have concluded that AHS is not worth the time or money for a warranty that is only good as long as it does not require much from AHS.  Earlier today, I canceled my policy.  If this company had even an ounce of integrity, they should have honored the policy and and retained a loyal customer.  Instead, they chose to take the low road and low-balled yet another customer.  I would strongly discourage anyone from doing business with AHS.  They are crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2016 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/internet/american-home-shield-ahs-a-monumental-waste-of-time-and-money-memphis-tennessee-1320734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield