Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• American Home Shield

Internet
    USA

American Home Shield American Home Shield Memphis TN

As a customer with American Home shield, I put request for AC service on 5/31/2015.  I received a confirmation email right away giving me information about the contractor who is supposed to take care of the service I requested and that s/he will contact me with a 24 hrs to schedule the inspection visit.  Two days passed and no one contacted so I went ahead and called AHS to see what's going on.  I was told that the contractor they set my service up with doesn't have an opening before two weeks.  I asked if there is a way to find another contractor, she said she'll try.  They changed the contractor; however the technician didn’t come until June He works for JJK-HVAC LLC.  He diagnosed the problem and told me that he will do his best to fix it.  I didn't know by doing his best he meant that he will harass me.  He was asking me very personal questions when he was over at my house then he started texting me inappropriate messages (which I have records of) after he left.  I felt so uncomfortable as he was bargaining me to get my AC repaired.  I reported him to both his employer and AHS.  JJK-HVAC LLC Ended up sending the owner of the company to apologize and fix the AC while AHS did nothing.

Now I put another service request with AHS for microwave repair.  I requested the service on July 25th 2015.  They assigned the job to SILVER STAR APPLIANCES LLC.  The technician came over to my house after two days, diagnosed the problem with a broken heater and said he will come back to replace it once he receives the broken piece.  He came back 3 weeks later and changed the part, but he ended up breaking the controlling board which was working pretty well before he replaced the broken part.  Today is September 3rd and I still haven’t had my microwave fixed.  The repair company wants to replace the part the technician broke with a refurbished part  which of course I refused giving that the piece wasn’t broken and wasn’t the problem of why my microwave wasn’t heating and now I have to accept replacing it with a refurbished part.  I have been calling AHS since July 27th, stay on the line for no less than 15 minutes waiting for a representative to pick up the phone then nothing has happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2015 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/internet/american-home-shield-american-home-shield-memphis-tn-1252693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content