Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• American Home Shield
    ahswarranty.com
    Internet

American Home Shield ripoff Internet

I doscovered a hole forming in my ceiling and traced it to my AC unit leaking off of a pipe and some other unseen location. I had AHS bring in a plummer who said it was an AC issue. Out comes an AC guy who says it is a dirty filter but it's a plumber's issue because of the pipe.

Meanwhile the water damage over my living room is getting worse. The third clown AHS sends out says he is an AC guy and that I have an improperly installed condensation pipe and a dirty coil. He leaves w/o fixing it.

AHS calls and isn't even aware a third guy had come out. They basically told me if it is a dirty coil it is not their issue and I'm SOL. I basically now have to hire my own plumber, AC guy and dry wall guy because of these idiots who's only criteria for reigning in independent contractors is that they pass a state test!!

Actually, I think they only hire contractors fresh off the boat because they are cheaper and can play dumb easily. I have now taken it up with their sales rep!

Kelly
westlake village, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2005 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/internet/american-home-shield-ripoff-internet-151622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content