Complaint Review:

• Reported By: trigg12k — Southaven Mississippi USA
American Home Shield
Nationwide USA

American Home Shield AHS Unbelievable Nationwide

I have been an AHS customer for years. Our HVAC unit broke and would not blow cold air (outside unit was fine after being fixed the previous year after many attempts). After 2 weeks with no air, they sent a substandard company out to fix and it worked for about a week, and we had to call back to be sent out again. This company couldn't make it out for another week afterwards. It worked for another 2 weeks and went out again. We had 2 months of $500-600 dollar power bills from the second house unit trying to compenstate for the MS heat. After going through this for the second year in a row, we called and cancelled our contract with AHS thinking we would spend the money on a new unit and were done with them.

Six months later we get a bill from a collection agency saying we owe money for not paying monthly bills to AHS. I promptly call AHS and they tell me they have no records of us cancelling. They must contract out with a crappy company to keep their records I guess, as we are on the hook for their bad record keeping.

I suggested that if I was still considered their customer then they should finish fixing the HVAC unit, and their response was that since I cancelled the contract, they were no longer responsible. I thought they just told me they had no record of me cancelling???? They then come up with "no payment" was me cancelling. If it is cancelled, then why are you charging me and sending it to a collection agency??

AHS sends bad contractors witht the cheapest parts possible and then waits for you to get fed up and cancel. After that they lose all records of cancellation and try to get a few hundred more bucks out of you before moving on to the next sucker.

Way to go AHS. Please take "American" out of your name. You have NO American values.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2016 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/nationwide/american-home-shield-ahs-unbelievable-nationwide-1299365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield