Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• American Home Shield

Nationwide
    USA

American Home Shield Fraud!! Nationwide

We have been loyal AHS customers since we purchased our very first home in 2002, and have been in our current home using AHS for 7 years. We have always sworn by them and given any of our friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. who were homeowners crazy looks whenever they indicated they didn't have a home warranty! AHS was always our first recommendation. The service has always been impeccable - even when it wasn't a covered repair. But today they have really messed up!

We have the extended plan which covers our HVAC unit - and we have 2 of them since we have a 2 story home which costs us approximately $600/year. We also have the HVAC preventative maintenance plan which is an additional $330/year. As a part of the preventative maintenance plan, AHS will send a HVAC technician out twice per year to inspect our HVAC system. We just had this done in October 2013 and the technician rated everything Satisfactory. Well this weekend my A/C went out. I submitted a service request to AHS and the technician came out today and advised that the evaporator coils were badly clogged and had been for quite some time and were beyond repair/cleaning and needed to be replaced. AHS is refusing to cover the repair to the tune of $4K because of poor maintenance of the evaporator coil --- but hello they did the maintenance check in October and advised that the evaporator coil was in satisfactory condition. How do you get to refuse to repair an item due to improper maintenance when you are the company performing the maintenance and indicated the system was satisfactory.

After being passed around several times between the AHS service department and the preventative maintenance department, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I could write a letter!!!!! After continuing to press for a supervisor I was told they would give someone a message to call me back and 4 hours later and I am still waiting. After this experience, even though it is my first bad experience with AHS, it's a doozy enough for me to completely end my relationship with them and never recommend them to anyone else, in addition to filing a complaint with the BBB and the Texas State Attorney General's office because this reeks of fraud to me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/nationwide/american-home-shield-fraud-nationwide-1145999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content