Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• American Home Shield
    Nationwide, U.S. A.
    Nationwide

American Home Shield ripoff Nationwide

After living in our new house for about 2 weeks, our built in microwave stopped working. I called AHS and someone was sent out the next day. He told me that the door switch was broken and he needed to order a new one. He collected his $50.00 and was on his way. After not hearing from him for about two weeks, I began to try and contact this person. Surprisingly the phone was never answered, even though this was supposed to be a place of business and should have been open during business hours. I came upon this website and read about all of the other people who had a bad experience with AHS sending out shady characters who collected the money and never did the work. I looked this person up on the BBB website and saw that this person had several reports filed on him for the same thing that happened to us, he never came back to do the work and could not be contacted. I called AHS and was told that there was nothing they could do, that he was the person that was assigned to do th work and it was my job to hunt him down and make him do the work. After reading about all the bad experienced that people have had with AHS, I chalked up my $50.00 as a lesson learned, and we just replaced the microwave ourselves.

When my A/C wend out a couple of months later, I figured that I would rather be safe than sorry and we just ate the cost of replacing it ourselves rather than take the risk of not only losing at least $50.00 but maybe having someone come out and totally screw it up worse that it was to begin with. This warranty came with the house and I will not be renewing with this company, I figure I am better off just saving my money for the next thing I might need to have fixed.

Sheila
copperas cove, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2005 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shield/nationwide/american-home-shield-ripoff-nationwide-156698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content