Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, January 25, 2016

• Reported By: Pamela40 — Davenport Iowa USA
American Home Shild
Nationwide USA

American Home Shield Discriminatory Practices against contract holders who file claims Memphis Nationwide

I have held home warranty contracts with American Home Shield continuously for over 9 years. FEW major repairs in 9 years. In 2015 I had a water heater replaced, a faulty garage door opener, a pool heater (I fought with finding someone to provide a heater for 3 summers), and a toilet replacement that cost AHS nothing for the cheap toilet they provided.  I actually saved Ahs $1500 on the pool heater by finding on on sale thru my local pool company.

I received a renewal letter stating "things were changing" at renewal. After a nightmare of contacts, I found out they (AHS) were nearly doubling my premium and not covering many things in the renewal due to "excessive use" of claims. What?  In addition, the guy in sales said IF I needed a new furnace, i.e., I would have to PAY to rip out the old one, and also submit proof of "regular maintenance" on all items in my home that could break down.

In other words, AHS wants premiums, NOT claims.

We have a beautiful, perfectly maintained home, and take care of everything.  We DO NOT let things go bad.

We had a string of things go wrong at one time, but AHS made no complaints when we paid our premiums at $1000 per year for 9 years with very moderate claims (toilet stop up  or something where our $75 fee paid for most everything anyway).

Discrimination, deceptive advertising, bad news!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2016 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-home-shild/nationwide/american-home-shield-discriminatory-practices-against-contract-holders-who-file-claims-m-1281877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shild