Complaint Review: American Homes 4 Rent

• Reported By: kel — milwaukie Oregon
  • American Homes 4 Rent

Nationwide
    USA

American Homes 4 Rent Advertise on Zillo Scam, Rip Off, False Advertisement, Bad Customer Service Agoura Hills, Nationwide Nationwide

American Homes 4 Rent: Looking for a house to rent we utilized Zillow and found a house to rent in Happy Valley, OR. We Started the process by contacting the leasing company, American Homes 4 Rent, We paid the 35.00 dollar each application fee, a total of 70.00 and were told there was one applicant ahead of us.

After days past we didn't hear a anything so we contacted them.

They at that point sent us on to a Portland business they use, they informed us the house was in fact rented by the first applicants and that our applications were never even processed for approval or disapproval, which on the site it states they will process and keep on file for 30 days.

Leaving us to believe we could continue looking for houses through them, we did so, only to find out that they never did process our applications and no longer had the actual applications. They just pocketed the 70. [continued below]....

.....00 fee.

Upon trying to reach them I was given the run around sent back and forth between the Portland company and headquarters in Agoura Hills, CA. A week later I was finally upset enough I asked for the owner of the company and received a call back from his asistant, Stephanie Anding, who I must say was very rude. I Informed her they never even processed the applications and no where on the site does it say the application fee is non-refundable. Her response was, "I don't know what to you". I let her know at that point I was going to report them to the BBB and she told me to go ahead.

I filed a report with BBB on 8-6-14. I let them know this is not about the money but the principals in which they conduct business. The BBB forwarded my compalaint to American Homes 4 Rent. American Homes 4 rent responded saying that under the link titled Rental Criteria it states, " Homes do not come off the market until they have a signed agreement and or a deposit is collected." No where in that statement does it say the application fee is non-refundable.

As this is not about the 70.00 paid in application fees, it is about principals in which the conduct business.

I responded to American Homes 4 Rent, Letting them know that their statement, "Homes do not come off the market until they have signed an agreement and or paid fees." does not tell me that they will pocket the applications fees, never process the application and claim the applications fees are non-refundable.

People appreciate integrity and good customer service which, American Homes 4 Rent knows nothing about.

Kelli S

(((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2014 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-homes-4-rent/nationwide/american-homes-4-rent-advertise-on-zillo-scam-rip-off-false-advertisement-bad-customer-1175564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content