Complaint Review: american immigration center

• Reported By: bojangle — novi Michigan
  • american immigration center

Internet
    USA

american immigration center us-immigration.com pretending to be US Government website  Internet

I wanted to apply for my US citizenship and typed in us citizenship in the web browser and this site came up first. they look like you are applying on the government website. They asked me for my credit card and charged $550.00  (I thought this was the fee the government charges for the application) it was not until I had filled out the forms and printed them, and was getting ready to mail them and was told I had to send a check with the forms, I got suspicious. I contacted them and after half and hour managed to speak to someone and was told that they are not part of the government. I asked why I was charged so much for some forms that are suppose to be free and was told that they helped me fill out the form and made it easy!! How can they help fill out the form when I did it all online!! and how could it be easier, the form is the same if you get it from the government or from this rip off company.

I asked for a refund and they would not do it, so basically I spend more than double the amount just to fill out these forms online. Now I keep getting e mails letting me know that they have a DVD with the questions for $59.00 but you get this free when you go for your fingerprinting. I cannot understand how the government is letting them get away with this, especially when we are at our most vulnerable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-immigration-center/internet/american-immigration-center-us-immigrationcom-pretending-to-be-us-government-websitenbsp-1112246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content