Complaint Review: AMERICAN LEISURE

• Reported By: Tired of Being Ripped-Off in MI — Bloomfield Hills Michigan USA
  • AMERICAN LEISURE

Internet
    USA

AMERICAN LEISURE How do they keep getting away w this? Class Action? Charged Credit Card $389 w/o Authorization but even Discover could not get it back! Internet

American Leisure is wonderful at stealing money and getting away with it. They charged $389 w/o Authorization on my Credit Card in $16.95 per month charges. They are somehow affiliated with Easy Saver (phone # on CC Statement: 877-213-1341 & both Maryland Companies), who made the same charges, on the same days, for the same total.

Since my 75+year old mom, who lives in another state, has an additional card on my account, I thought the charges were hers and she thought they were mine. Because of what these scams cost me, my mother now refuses to have a card for fear it can happen again.

I called to find out what American Leisure is (Easy Saver never answered), and was told it was a "Travel Club Membership"-which is a joke since neither my mom nor I have traveled in years! I told them that these were unauthorized charges and I wanted a refund. The man on the line said they would refund the last month's Membership Dues, which of course was not done.

I contacted Discover, who immediately issued a new card to cut off the continuing charges. They were, however, unable to get me a single penny back on the previous 6 month's worth of charges and the prior 1.5 years were not, of course, Discover's problems.

Near as we can tell, these companies came invisably attached to a legitimate purchase my mom made online with NuWave, a company who sells convection cooktops. So, her $80 cooktop cost me $780.  Googling the companies, I see that this scam has been going on for at least 14 years. People mention Class Action suits, but I do not find any evidence that anybody was able to get their money back from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2016 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-leisure/internet/american-leisure-how-do-they-keep-getting-away-w-this-class-action-charged-credit-card-1328682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content