Complaint Review: American Musical Supply

• American Musical Supply
    8 Thornton Road
    Oakland, New Jersey
    USA

American Musical Supply James Hovey, President Failed to deliver merchandise! Oakland New Jersey

On 7/5/2013, I placed an online order from American Musical Supply, Inc. (AMS) I ordered a keyboard, under the company's payment plan that had a value of $999.99.  AMS charged me an additional $9.95 for insurance putting the grand total of the order at $1,008.95.  The keyboard was scheduled to be delivered, via FedEx, on 7/11/2013.  On that day I waited for the keyboard to be delivered.  I had to go to work on that day, so I called FedEx and requested that the package be held at the FedEx pickup center (the call is on record).  I made the call at 2:09 PM Central time.  I was assured by FedEx staff that the package would be held without delivery!  However, FedEx delivered the package at approximately 2:58 PM Central time.  They left the package at my apartment's front door.

When I returned home from work, the package was not there!  On 7/12/2013 I called AMS to let them know about the situation.  The AMS staff was very rude and less than helpful!  AMS staff implied that I stole the package.  In addition, I was told by the AMS staff that I should file a police report to report the item stolen.  However, the package was not stolen from me.  I don't have a serial number for the item.  FedEx is responsible for filing a police report!  Besides, customers don't purchase items, and not receive them, just to file police reports.  It's just plain stupid!

As of today's date, 7/24/2013, AMS has refused to refund the payment I made to them, and they intend on charging my credit card with additional payments.  AMS has been less than responsible in this matter.  It's just a big company that is unaware of how its employees handle customer complaints.

I want it to be known that I had the same type of problem with this company back in 2007.  At that time a package was not delivered by UPS.  It was left at my front door in a area where construction workers were in the area working.  It seems like someone at AMS would have realized by now that you can't send out a high dollar value package without having the purchaser sign for the package!  You just don't have packages left at front doors.  Also, FedEx and UPS agents also have been known to steal packages!  YouTube is full of FedEx and UPS agent driver foul-ups (see attached video).

I have since tried and failed to get in touch with the company's president, James Hovey, to resolve this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-musical-supply/oakland-new-jersey-7436/american-musical-supply-james-hovey-president-failed-to-deliver-merchandise-oakland-new-1069609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content