Complaint Review: American Wine Cellars

• American Wine Cellars
    822 Hampshire Road, Suite E
    Westlake Village, California
    United States of America

American Wine Cellars Vinesse Absolutely Terrible Customer Service!!! Westlake Village, California

I joined the Vinesse club in late may based on a mailer I received. I was to receive 6 bottles for $10 per bottle plus S&H. I asked to be billed with the shipment. When I received my shipment, there was no invoice. It turns out that they charged my credit card immediately for an incorrect amount.

I called in to ask abou this and was told a supervisor would call me back. Never happened. I called again and was again told that a supervisor would call me back. Once again that never happened.

I was fed up and sent them a letter cancelling my account and demanding a refund. I did not receive a response. In the mean time, I received another shipment of wine that I did not want.

I called Vinesse one last time and was able to speak to a supervisor (Mark) who provided TERRIBLE customer service and basically called me a liar in regards to the initial offer. He said that my account was cancelled (nobody told me - why am I still getting their emails?) and would have to pay to send the wines back. They would not send me a shipping label.

Therefore I am stuck with 12 bottles of wine that I don't want due to the terrible service received or I have to pay to ship them back. I have contacted my credit card company in hopes that they might be able to help me.

I would suggest that you do not join this club as they will send you product and then ignore you and treat you badly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2010 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-wine-cellars/westlake-village-california-91361/american-wine-cellars-vinesse-absolutely-terrible-customer-service-westlake-village-ca-644801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content