Complaint Review:

AMS Locksmith And Garage

• Submitted: Sat, May 13, 2017
  • Updated: Sat, May 13, 2017

• Reported By: Stevewl1164 — clayton North Carolina U.S.A.
AMS Locksmith And Garage
1733 Kinsmon Cv, Marietta, GA 30062, USA

AMS Locksmith And Garage Quoted me one price and then charged another when they arrived, rude customer NO service, Defective lock and refused to warranty it. Marietta, Georgia 30062

*Consumer Comment: Locksmith Scam

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I called them to get a quote for re-keying my house lock as I had no key and told them this.  Was quoted one price and when the locksmith arrived he asked me if I had a key. I said no....if I had a key you would not be here. He said with no key he could not re-key the lock and had to replace the knob assembly.  he quoted me $115. It was late and I needed it done so I agreed, despite the original quote being $55. When he finished the job he said he was going to charge me $125 but not charge me tax.  It did not see to be much difference so i said okay. He did the credit card charge on his machine in my house and gave me a hand written reciept.  It had the date and amount but NO company name,no company phone number, nothing tying the job with the company.  I tried contacting the owner of the company the next morning. They said the owner was not in and to call back at ten am and I did, not in, so i tried several more times, still nothing.  They promised me the owner would call me by closing.  No call.  I called back and was told I needed to follow proper protocol....to send an email.  I objected saying that would not be responded to...and it was not responded to.  They told me to stop calling them or they would file harrassment charges.

Today i got home...and the key would not go into the lock.  I called them.  They said I had a 30 day warranty.  i said they gave me nothing in writing stating that and they said nothing about that.  They said just because that was the case did not mean it was not in effect.  Not only that they asked me how long did I expect it to last?!  Really?  More than a month and ahalf if it has been that long. Unbelieable! They said if someone came to look at it it would be $19. Most businesses would be wanting to make sure the customer was happy.  These people seem to rejoice in making them unahappy. Now I am out $125 and will be out another $125 or more to have it replaced again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2017 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ams-locksmith-and-garage/marietta-ga-30062-30062/ams-locksmith-and-garage-quoted-me-one-price-and-then-charged-another-when-they-arrived-1373087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMS Locksmith And Garage

Locksmith Scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - (USA)

You have been scammed by one of those fake online locksmith outfits.  This is a long running scam. You can read about it on FTC.gov, but the essence is this:  they have 100s of  fake websites used to dupe consumers into calling them. These addresses don't exist. The google review are fake. The calls are redirected to a boiler room type operation (most likely out of the US).  They quote you a very low price so you agree to the service and when the locksmith arrives, the price is no where close to what was quoted. They have people that come out in unmarked vehicles that are not trained, except in the art of intimidation. The price is never what you are quoted over the phone. It is much, much higher. The 30-day warranty that they discussed with you doesn't exist.

Google "locksmith scam" and take a look at the video on how to avoid it. One of the best ways I know is to find a real local locksmith before you ever need their services and save the contact info in your phone so you aren't googling last minute in a panic when you need one. Make sure you do your due diligence on the local locksmith to see that they have a brick and morter location.