Complaint Review: Amtrak

Nationwide
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Amtrak

Keep in mind I consider myself a pretty easy going person; In July of 2004 I was coming back home to St.Louis from New York City. Being that I had never taken the train before I thought the idea would be fun.
First off..... when I got on the train(coach) I was hungry.Unfortunately, if you don't carry cash on you... you are out of luck. Anyway,why would you want to pay for the food Amtrak provides.It's expense( a "small" can of soda cost 1.50!)You get the picture.
The bathrooms were disgusting! People from other carts started to use our bathrooms because theirs were gross as well.
Women;keep in mind if aunt flow is visiting they don't provide feminine products on Amtrak. I found this out later after the fact I searched "everywhere" for the Steward.Hum.... if they don't provide F. products what else to they seize not to provide?
The sitting arrangements were a joke.....I was forced(carts were full) to sit by a nutcase who I caught trying to grope me while I was sleeping.
I would of told the steward about the incident, but he was too busy chasing a Trainhopper through our cart. Oh yeah..... it was also the last time I saw him too.
I had a 7 hour layover in Chicago. Which I was looking forward to because I love that city, but by the time got there I was time bomb just waiting to go off. I canceled my ticket From Chicago to St. Louis and went directly to the bus station.
An alternative to flying I would highly recommend Greyhound. I have been on greyhound several times(across country) and "never" had a problem. Really, do go Greyhound.

J.
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2004 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amtrak/nationwide/amtrak-nightmare-on-amtrak-usa-nationwide-122390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I didn't know about ripoffreport

AUTHOR: J. - (U.S.A.)

I didn't know about ripoffreport until the date I posted. I came across it by accident.

why did you wait 5 month to post your complaint?

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

you said you took Amtrak in July 2004
yet you didnt post your complaint in Dec 2004
why did you wait 4-5 months to post it?