Complaint Review: Anchor House Financial

• Reported By: Durango Colorado
  • Anchor House Financial
    1187 Coast Village Road
    Montecito, California

Responded to Anchor House Financial advertisement in San Diego publication. They solicited my credit card number and assured me the advertisement was current and available, and if it were not, they would refund my money in 24-48 hrs. When I called for my refund, they told me to read the terms and conditions on there website. No mention was made of there terms before taking my credit card number. It was obvious they planned this system knowingly to take peoples money by way of a guaranteed promise, and deny the guarantee. I knew by the second day after the charge I wanted my money back, and they changed there story for the next 4 days before they hung up on me.

Alan
Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/anchor-house-financial/montecito-california-93108/anchor-house-financial-took-credit-card-guaranteed-refund-and-lied-thereafter-montecit-375957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

the "customer" lucky girl is a fake

AUTHOR: Saharpster - (U.S.A.)

In this thread, lucky girl claims she signed up for the service, decided against using it, and had no problem getting a refund. BUT, if you search this company on ripoff report, there is another thread of complaints against them, where the SAME CUSTOMER defends the company saying she uses them all the time and has made several great purchases. So, which is it? She uses them and they are great or she didn't use them and got a refund? SO obvious she is part of the company and is just trying to further the scam by discrediting the original reporters.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Notice how "Lucky Girl" is on multiple rip off reports claiming to be a customer

AUTHOR: Danielle R. - (U.S.A.)

Look at how deceptive this company is. "Lucky Girl" has responded to a bunch of the rip off reports about anchorhouse financial claiming how the service works for her. This company insults our intelligence as consumers by thinking we are too stupid to pick up on things like this. Obviously "Lucky Girl" works for the company. There is no real positive feedback at all about this company.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

They returned my money with no problem.

AUTHOR: Lucky Girl - (U.S.A.)

You have to read the terms and conditions even to get on the site. I ended up not using thier service and they returned my money without a problem