Complaint Review: Andrew Smith

• Reported By: anonymous — anonymous Wisconsin
  • Andrew Smith

Internet, Select State/Province
    USA

Andrew Smith Offers job as "Mystery Shopper". Sends cashier check, instructions to send money to two other individuals, leaving you in debt. Internet

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Consumer Comment: Common scam

I recieved an email from an Andrew Smith informing me of the need for a "Mystery Shopper" in my area.  This was a paying job, and I was hired.  I then recieved a job description/instructions to follow, and my first salary/paycheck.*

I was to deposit the "check", and send money via Money Gram, (paying the fees) to a Sam Weaver.

Next was to send money via Western Union, (again paying the fees)  to a Roger Finch.

In the end, I would be left with a loan/debt of almost $3,000, instead of a paycheck.

*Note: This document, instructions, and cashiers check was sent via USPS Priority Mail with a return address of Angelina Sena

3100 Ashley Town Center Dr

Charleston SC 29414-5682

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/andrew-smith/internet-select-stateprovince/andrew-smith-offers-job-as-mystery-shopper-sends-cashier-check-instructions-to-send-m-1071178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

Like Stacey, I get these all the time. I used to just delete or mark as "spam".  Lately, I've been responding and letting them send me a check. It costs them a little money, and I figure it's payback :-)  If we can drain their bank accounts by letting them send us bogus checks, all the better! And no, I DON'T deposit the check or respond once I've received them.

Common scam

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

The "mystery shopper" - get these emails all the time.  There is not recouping your losses.  Think - who is gonna send you a check in the mail without any contact at all??? You indeed got ripped off.