Complaint Review: Angie's List

• Reported By: Gregory — Westminster California United States
  • Angie's List

Internet
    United States

Angie's List Angie's List took $949 from me - Will not refund - No goods/services provided

I purchased an offer on Angie's List for $949 to have my electrical panel replaced.  I did not realize they had a 30 refund policy.  I did not do my research.  I thought the contractor would need to provide the service or Angie's List would refund the money.

It took about a week to schedule the electrician to do a quick inspection of my current box.  They asked me to have the utilities company to come out and indicate the box could be replaced in the same location.  That took me about 3 weeks.  Then the electrician came back out a week later and discussed options.  Unfortunately, the options I needed required additional costs that were out of my budget.  I still took some time to consider the options because I really need the work done.  In the end, I decided I could not afford it and called Angie's List to get a refund.

Unfortunately, my basic memebership does not include phone support, so I began a series of online chats and emails with Angie's List.

Angie's List is not willing to refund my money because it was more than 30 days since I purchased the offer.  I have tried reasoning with them and tried contacting them via phone with no luck.  The only responses I am able to get are by email and they take 2 days to respond.  Each response is basically the same...

"Unfortunately, since this offer is outside of our 30 Day Refund Guarantee it is not eligible to be refunded. We are are only able to offer refunds on unused deals within the first 30 days after the purchase. "

I am not sure what to do, but I cannot afford to have $949 taken from me without any good or services provided.  I still need my electrical box replaced and am now unable to afford it.

Any suggestions from this community would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2017 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/angies-list/internet/angies-list-angies-list-took-949-from-me-will-not-refund-no-goodsservices-provide-1414524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content