Complaint Review: Angies List

• Submitted: Fri, August 31, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012
  • Reported By: R. harrison — Crofton Maryland U.S.A.
  • Angies List
    1030 East Washington St
    Internet
    United States of America

Angies List Not Trustworthy Internet

Used Angies List to check the review of a company that was going to provide me with service.  The company served by area but was not in my Angies List District.  So, for this reason Angies List attempted to get me to purchase ($$$) access to another area to be able to check reviews on the company that serves my community.  What a Joke!

Additonally, there was a review posted about my company by an individual that never used my company.  They received an estimate from us for work to be performed and thought the estimate was high.  So, they went on Angies List and gave us an "F" rating.  They never used us!

Also, I know factually of companies that have paid for the subscriptions for non-customers to go onto Angies List and write fake reviews to boost their ratings.  Angies List is a racket!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/angies-list/internet/angies-list-not-trustworthy-internet-935235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content