Complaint Review: Answers By PC Support

• Reported By: amvet — san antonio Texas
  • Answers By PC Support

Internet
    USA

Answers By PC Support Sutherland Global EnterprisesAcer Beware of Computer Non-Service Ripoff - $99.99 Internet

Was connected to this company called AnswersBy PC Support by second party thinking ti was the factory service for Acer (Gateway) Computers.  I told AnswersBy PC Support that my PC was not booting up.  They guaranteed they could fix it and asked me for credit card information to charge a total of $99.99.

After several failed attempts to reboot my PC this company tole me it was a "Hardware Problem" and I needed to take it to a local repair shop.

I turned the computer off for two days and then turned it back on.  After several hours with a black screen it booted to a blue screen which prompted me through various steps.  Each step was very slow taking one to three hours between steps.  I followed the prompts for over 10 hours and finally the computer booted to my windows desktop.

I did a complete system restore and the computer began booting up normally.  I contacted AnswersBy PC Support and informed them that their diagnosis was erroneous and that it was not a hardware problem and I requested a refund and I was told they did not issue refunds.

I am currently working with my credit card company to obtain the refund.

I recommend anyone that is looking for computer service online to steer clear from AnswersBy PC Support as they have a method of sounding very positive and promising "no charge" if they cannot fix an issue and then they refuse a refund even if they do not resolve any problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/answers-by-pc-support/internet/answers-by-pc-support-sutherland-global-enterprisesacer-beware-of-computer-non-service-ri-1146702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content