Complaint Review: Anytime Vending

• Anytime Vending
    1422 Almond Crest Ave.
    Atwater, California
    USA

Anytime Vending Mendota Federal Prison- Anytime Vending is a Rip-Off! Atwater California

*Author of original report: Obviously Busted..Company Rip Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mendota FBOP

I am reporting Anytime Vending who uses the Mendota Federal Prison Facility in Mendota, California.

For several years, I have visited my relative and purchased food and beverage products from these machines. First, the machines prices are inflated to about 75% higher than normal food prices in any vending machine. For example, the bottle waters cost $3.00 and other food products cost the same or higher.

The problem is that the machines are always stealing people's money and there is never a guarantee that your item will be released once you pay money to purchase something- I don't care what you purchase. I often joke, that I'll have to cross my fingers and pray that my items come out of the machine! The machines always eat money- always, and this has been going on for atleast the 3 years that I have visited my relative.

At first, Anytime Vending did not have any contact details for which to reach them in the event that the machines malfunctioned, but now they do have their phone listed. However, I have often watched other visitors pay for food items and deal with the same issue. One person purchased something and it was molded when the item came out of the machine.

The problem is very consistent and the guards do not have the vending machine key in order to help release food items that are stuck in the machine, nor can they issue a refund, or fix the machine when it steals your money. There are about 5-6 machines in this facility and they all have problems- always.

I contacted the owner and he was very rude and disrespectful about the machines. He does not care that he is ripping people off, and I have made several complaints to the prison and the guards, but nothing is getting done to resolve this problem. Recently, I demanded that the owner replace this machines and provide his customers with the assurance that they will atlease get food items they pay for.

I believe this owner is deliberately robbing the public and does not care, because he knows that most patrons will not call and ask for a refund of $3.50 or $1.50. These vending machines are the only machines in the visiting rooms and it is a disgrace that Anytime Vending is not doing a better job to 1.) lower its prices to something reasonable, and 2.) make sure the machines are functioning properly.

When you are visiting an inmate, you come in with money, but you can not go back out and go back once your money has been eaten by these malfunctioning machines.  Therefore, this puts a huge damper on your visit when you are broke.

This company needs to be investigated for robbing the public, serving old foods, and over pricing on food items. But more importantly, this company needs to me made to replace all the machines immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2016 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/anytime-vending/atwater-california-95301/anytime-vending-mendota-federal-prison-anytime-vending-is-a-rip-off-atwater-california-1343262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Obviously Busted..Company Rip Off

AUTHOR: - ()

Your obvious rebuttal is trying to defend your Failing Machines. This company and owner needs to be investigates for fraud. People like this owner hide behind the shadows then try to defend themselves!! What a disgrace. Replace the machines with better functioning machines or face the consequences of angry patrons!! The company information was provided by Mendota prison. If its not your company, why write a novel for a rebuttal??!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mendota FBOP

AUTHOR: Anytime Vending rep - (USA)

To concerned customer, Before you jump to conclusions and make assumptions regarding services which are provided to inmate family members by Anytime Vending. Anytime Vending does not use FBOP Mendota, for Vending Services as you stated, it's the other way around. Anytime Vending has been in business for nearly 25 years and services numerous institutions and other facilities throughout 5 counties. Product prices are set by the Bureau due to a commission based contract which is constructed by the employees club from the Bureau. Vending Machines are "Machines" and will malfunction from time to time. Refunds are not permitted based on FBOP Mendota Operating procedures and guidelines that you obviously are not aware of. Anytime Vending is a family owned and operated company which strives to keep customer service our main concern. Anytime Vending shows this year in and year out. This is obvious by our great reputation and prestigious accounts. For being in business for the above mentioned time, and having thousounds of customers, you in particular seem to be the only one with such an petty issue, as you've had to resort to such a low traffic web page to rant and rave, as I'm barley locating this narrative you've posted here. You state you've spoken to the owner of Anytime Vending regarding the matter and that he was extremely rude to you, however you have not, as we've never spoken before. Again to reiterate your to go through the FBOP regarding any concerns relating to the Vending Services at FBOP Mendota. I'm not in the business to rip customers off or condone anything of this nature. If I was or had a past background of this behavior I would have not gained the FBOP Mendota contract. Feel free to construct a refund procedure and speak to the appropriate personnel at the Bureau to attempt an approval, however short of that I have no control over this portion of my services. I would suggest if you continue to not receive your items when purchased out my machines to discontinue using the machines or advised the Correctional Officers present during visitation, to contact a representative from Anytime Vending with a specific date, time , machine and brief synopsis of the malfunction. I look forward to getting this situation under control so my company is not slandered by individuals who have not presented a valid solution to this issue they are having. Best Regards, Anytime Vending