Complaint Review: AOL (TWX AOL SERVICE)

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2007
  • Reported By: Brooklyn New York
  • AOL (TWX AOL SERVICE)
    aol.com
    Internet

AOL (TWX AOL SERVICE) Unauthorized charges on my credit card Internet

Without me knowing and without authorization, AOL has been charging $23.90 from May, 2003 to April. 2006, and $25.90 from May, 2006 to the present.

TWX*AOL SERVICE has been on my credit card statement since 5/23/2003 and AOL has been charging $23.90 and $25.90 since then.

According to the website of AOL, TWX*AOL SERVICE is for monthly membership fee.

"TWX*AOL SERVICE: This charge is for your AOL monthly membership fee."

I have never been AOL customer and somehow they got my credit card number and has kept charging without me knowing and authorizing.

Since a Japanese bank issues my credit card, credit card monthly statements were sent to my family's house. That's is why I have not noticed this charge until I actually attempted to cancel this credit card and checked what was charged.

I am very upset against AOL's unauthorized charges. The fact that I kept paying interests for these charges without knowing made me more upset.

I will call my bank and ask for a whole refund for these AOL charges. I will also ask for all interests paid for these charges, but I am not sure if it is possible.

Osamu
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2007 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol-twx-aol-service/internet/aol-twx-aol-service-unauthorized-charges-on-my-credit-card-internet-271870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content