Complaint Review: AOL

• AOL
    AOL.com
    Internet,

AOL AOL IS TRYING TO RUIN MY CREDIT, RIPOFF Internet

I cancelled my service with AOL in October of 2005. While on the phone with the sales person, he informed me that I was still under my free trial. I insisted that my service was to be cancelled immediately and I received a number and everything.

When I received my credit card statement, I saw a charge for $23.90 dated the same day I cancelled my account. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and they refunded the amount and finance charges. Ever since then I have been receiving bills from AOL.

I have tried to talk to the operators and I have even written letters. I'm afraid to contact them by e-mail, because they will probably sign me back up. I have now been referred to a collection agency and I'm wondering if it is worth it to keep fighting over $23.90. What do I need to do to prove to them that I don't owe this money?

Abby
Little Rock, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2006 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/internet/aol-aol-is-trying-to-ruin-my-credit-ripoff-internet-179859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content