Complaint Review: AOL

• AOL
    www.aol.com
    Internet

AOL Top RIPOFF Thief AOL FRAUD Internet

I swore I would never consider AOL for any kind of internet service, but then I experienced a moment of weakness and boredom. One quick look at a "FREE" offer for taking a survey could not hurt, right? WRONG. I started the survey and found the free offer for AOL as one of my choices to move forward and claim my free product. I checked the box and followed instructions which, of course, required a credit card. I filled it out, later promptly forgot I had to cancel and found myself two weeks later with a 23.95 charge to my debit card.

WAIT, the offer was for a 9.95 add-on to my broadband account. I understand that I did not remember to cancel my account, so that mistake would then cost me 9.95. How it turned into 23.95 is anyone's guess. I called AOL, and they offered NO explanation. Simply put, the charge stood, and there was no one available to help. AOL is the premiere RIP OFF. By the way nothing is life is ever free, and the free products offered for completing surveys will end up costing you hundreds of dollars and no free product. This survey FRAUD must be stopped.

Sheri
Bolivar, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2005 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/internet/aol-top-ripoff-thief-aol-fraud-internet-143618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content