Complaint Review: AOL

• AOL
    Aol Way
    Nationwide

AOL TRIED TO CANCELL AOL....BEWARE OF FREE EXTENSIONS Virginia

Before trying to cancell AOL we had constant problems with billing and unauthorized charges being duplicated directly to bank account and also our debit card.

We called to cancell because we got Roadrunner (awesome no troubles) and they offered us more time for free. It started as 90 days.

We diligently marked our calender to cancell before the final day. When we called to cancell the free trial, they kept offering more free time. I watched but no charges to my account.

Well, the final time we called to cancel, they gave us confirmation number and later I saw multiple charges pop up on my account from aol. I called and they stated that three times we failed to call before the billing cycle began and they were now "back charging us."

I too was refused the opportunity to speak to a supervisor and also was refused any phone numbers to corporate offices. I filed a claim w/state stty gen office (Ohio) and was contacted by them to join a class action law suit. I recommend that all persons affected by this dreaful company's scam do the same and report it to your state's attorney general office.

In addition, it is important that you tell all your friends, neighbors, families and co-workers to get the word out.

Beth
Springfield, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2004 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/nationwide/aol-tried-to-cancell-aolbeware-of-free-extensions-virginia-112856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content