Complaint Review: AOL

• AOL

Nationwide
    USA

AOL Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Nationwide

I had called AOL to cancel my account.  Their representative in Tuscon, AZ (location of AOL’s cancellation dept) tried to sell me LifeLock credit card protection, which I considered purchasing, and I foolishly gave the representative my credit card number.

The rep informed me that the charges would go through my debit card which I did not want.   Since I did not want the charges to go through my debit card, I told the rep NOT to sign me up with LifeLock and to cancel my entire AOL account.  THAT SAME DAY, an unauthorized purchase was made on my card in the amount of $323.49 to TMobile.  How coincidental.  Luckily TMobile called me to verify the purchase, and I informed them the purchase was not authorized by me.  I called my bank and cancelled the card.  I am disappointed my bank (Wells Fargo) did not catch this.  I also called AOL India to complain, and they stated they would investigate the case and gave me a case number.  I told the rep in India I would like to be kept informed of the investigation, but I am not confident I will ever hear a thing.  This should never have happened in the first place.  Totally unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2017 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/nationwide/aol-unauthorized-use-of-credit-card-nationwide-1369098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content