Complaint Review: AOL.com, America Online

• Reported By: garrettsville Ohio
  • AOL.com, America Online
    aol.com
    Internet

AOL.com,America Online fraudulent billing practices and falsely resigning a closed account New York New York

In the month of June I contacted AOL to stop my account. The agreement was for a refund for 2 months due to the process it would take.

Recently I checked my bank statement, AOL had reinstated the account and started billing me again without my knowledge or permission.Their excuse was someone in my household had authorized this. There are only my husband and I at home and I had been in the hospital at the time they stated it was requested to be restated. My husband does not use online unless I start him off, as he does not understand the specifics.

Today after a lengthy and heated phone conversation they refuse to refund the money they have stolen from my checking account by saying the account had been requested re-opened and had been minimally used 6 days after it was reactivated.

They claim that the only option would be for me to file fraud charges against whoever resigned the account. But there was noone here to do that.They state the account was reopened with a credit card number which is only in my name and known only to me and was locked away during my stay in the hospital.

Therefore what they are saying is impossible and is merely their excuse for bilking us out of additional funds. In the meantime I am stuck with their unauthorized charges and bounced checks due to their unauthorized withdrawals on my account.

Jerry
garrettsville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2006 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aolcom-america-online/internet/aolcomamerica-online-fraudulent-billing-practices-and-falsely-resigning-a-closed-account-225036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content