Complaint Review: AP9*PRIVACYMATTERS123

• Reported By: Kingman Kansas
  • AP9*PRIVACYMATTERS123
    privacymatters.com
    Internet

AP9*PRIVACYMATTERS123 I ordered my 3 FREE credit reports 4/9/2008 and received them. I cancelled within 10 days, I am charged $29.95 and $1 every month since then. Internet

I have been ripped off with Privacy Matters 1-2-3, with ph:877-993-6264 CT on my Discover Card. I did go on line to get my 3 FREE credit reports and received them. I cancelled the request before 10 days were up, and the charges kept being reported to my account. I did not notice it for several months, and cancelled again on 12/15/2008.

The charges show up on two separate dates on my statements. The $1.00 charge is usually about the 9th of each month and the $29.95 charge is usually on the 5th of the next month. I am still not sure that it has stopped. The $1 charge shows on my latest statement dated 1/07/2009 trans date 12/08/2008, and the $29.95 is shown as posted and transaction date of 01/01/2009.
That should be refunded to me, but I was not assured of that when I spoke to them.

It has all been a rip-off, and I have been taken advantage of. I do not want others to have the same problems. We have paid our entire Discover Bill every month, even when it is up to $2500 each month, or less. So, I have been neglegant in checking my statements carefully. My wife just was diagnosed with cancer in July 2008, and with all the chemo and Dr's appt's it has been a busy time.

I hope that you can assist me in stopping this Consumer Rip-Off.
Thanks

Don
Kingman, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ap9privacymatters123/internet/ap9privacymatters123-i-ordered-my-3-free-credit-reports-492008-and-received-them-i-can-413816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content