Complaint Review: Apex Robert E Lee Moving & Storage Co Inc

• Apex Robert E Lee Moving & Storage Co Inc
    3195 Franklin Limestone Rd
    Antioch, Tennessee
    USA

Apex Robert E Lee Moving & Storage Co Inc Damaged furniture, Ignored e-mails and phone calls Antioch Tennessee

I had asked if the movers could arrive at 8:00 they said that they would be there at 9:00. They arrived at 10:30. I found out later that they had moved a builder's model home that morning and that's why they were late. (If they know that they were double booked, why not just tell me so that I'm not waiting around?)

I had asked for and received a quote for a driver and two others. The driver showed with with five other guys. The place I was moving out of was small so, you can't effectively have that many folks coming in and out without tripping over one another.

When they arrived I explained that I color-coded each item so, that they would know exactly what room to put the furniture/boxes in the new house. When they arrived at the new house, they were putting furniture just anywhere (instead of the appropriate room).

I have an antique bed that is bolted together. The driver did not have the tools to take the bed apart and he said that he didn't want to spend the money to purchase a socket extension that would work. So, I went to Ace Hardware and purchased the tool and took the bed apart. (I've had other moving companies move the same bed and they each had the proper tools).

After looking at my furniture after delivery, there were five items damaged and they scratched up my newly refinished hardwood floors.

I've had five out of state moves in my 20 year career and Apex did more damage than all of may moves combined. When I pointed out the damage to the driver. He said that the claims lady at Apex would call me the next day. Several days went by and I did not hear anything. I e-mailed the sales rep that provided me with the estimate and she did not respond. Finally, I received a response after I sent a certified l letter. Even after that I had to go through my credit card company and dispute the charge for the move to get the costs of repairing the damages covered.

My move with Apex was the worst moving experience I ever had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2017 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/apex-robert-e-lee-moving-storage-co-inc/antioch-tennessee-37013/apex-robert-e-lee-moving-storage-co-inc-damaged-furniture-ignored-e-mails-and-phone-ca-1356884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content