Complaint Review: Appliances Connection

• Reported By: Cathy — Seattle Washington United States of America
  • Appliances Connection

Brooklyn, New York
    United States of America

Appliances Connection Beware of this Company-do not buy from them because they're cheaper. It's not worth it! Brooklyn, New York

I ordered an LG Washer & Dryer from Appliances Connection & my credit card was charged immediately.  After 2 weeks of no update on the delivery, I contacted them via email.  I received an email back stating I would receive delivery info within 24-48 hrs.  After 72 hrs, there was no email or update on the shipping status.

I decided to call Appliances Connection vs. another email. I was on hold for 20 minutes. When my call was finally answered, I was disconnected.  I called back.  The 2nd time, I only held for 15 minutes (sarcasm).  When I asked about the status, I was put on hold for 5 minutes for her to research the status. When she returned, she stated they're waiting for the manufacturer to let them know when the washer & dryer would be available.  I was never notified these were on back order nor was this stated on the website instead, my order said it was processed & ready to ship.  In fact, it had that status for close to 10 business days.  I advised the rep to cancel the order immediately.  I then ordered the same LG washer & dryer from Home Depot who was able to deliver it within a couple of days.  Yes, it was slightly more but a hard lesson I learned that it's not worth going cheaper.  Unfortunately, I didn't see the bad reviews about Appliances Connection.  Pricegrabber & some of the other websites had 4 stars for them.  This is obviously not true & I believe the company has skewed the numbers by doing their own reviews.

Update: My credit card has not been credited yet which concerns me so I contacted the credit card company.  What makes this situation even stranger is the afternoon after I called, they have been sending me emails that my order is shipping.  I have sent 2 more requests to cancel the order & also notified the shipping company.  It really shouldn't be this difficult to cancel an order (sarcasm)  Stay away from this company, do not be tempted by their skewed ratings & cheap prices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 07:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/appliances-connection/brooklyn-new-york-/appliances-connection-beware-of-this-company-do-not-buy-from-them-because-theyre-cheaper-1028369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content