Complaint Review: Apply2save Derick Oberholtzer CEO

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
  • Phone: 888-202-5662
  • Web:
  • Category: Websites

Apply2save Derick Oberholtzer CEO, Jonathan Larson, Lacey Fertig Took my money after i told them I did not want,or could not afford to use their services Coeur D'Alene Idaho

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Lacey Fertig did everything she could to help

I found Apply to save while looking on the internet for some help with our mortage which was and still is two months behind. I had typed in free government help or consumer credit counciling to avoid foreclosure on your home. Their site came up and I chatted with a johnathan larson about what they could offer me. He e-mailed me several papers to look over and fill out.

After a conversation with him Dec 1, 2008, we told me that they had a $995.00 fee, and after speaking with my husband and seeing that we could not possibly afford that, I e-mailed him back and told told him that we could not possibly afford that. The folling day, I recieved e-mails from another person Lacey Fertig. She sent as an attachment a letter of consent, contract form, and a note stating that I fill these out and mail them asap.

I did not. She called me on my cell phone later the following day nad I told her that we could not participate in the program. Did not hear any more from them, and after speaking to a lawyer friend, he told me that what they were offering to do, I could do my self, by just contacting my bank, and asking for a loan modification. I did this and have been contacting chase at least once a week and getting an update. They told me they were really behind in that dept. and it could be 1 to 2 months before I was assigned a modification specialist. They told me to try to stay as current as possible on my loan. We were 1 month behind at the time.

I borrowed money from my folks and deposited in my account to make an electronic check by phone to come out of my account Jan1,2009. I checked my bank account online on the 6th to make sure the payment to Chase for my Dec. payment had gone through. To my astonishment I found out that on Dec 30 and again on Jan. 5 Apply 2 save had withdrawn funds from my account, causing several checks to bounce and there to be no money in ther to cover my mortage payment. I was sick.

I filed a dispute with our bank against Apply2save, and am praying that they will do the right thing, and reiumburse the funds into my account.

Darlene k
Franklin,, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/apply2save-derick-oberholtzer-ceo/coeur-dalene-idaho-83815/apply2save-derick-oberholtzer-ceo-jonathan-larson-lacey-fertig-took-my-money-after-i-tol-409825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Lacey Fertig did everything she could to help

AUTHOR: Lacey - (United States of America)

After Darlene had talked to me about her situation stating that she could not afford the service and had also notified the sales representative named in this report of her desire to cancel i sympathized with her and  notified the appropriate people of her wishes and was assured that her contract would be canceled and no funds would be debited.

at which time her file got transferred from myself who's job it was to send and organize her paperwork in the correct order, to the people responsible for canceling her services. After her file was transferred from myself I was not involved in her case. As far as i knew her services were canceled as requested and payment was not going to be asked of her.