Complaint Review: ARA Inc

1919S. Highland Ave, STE 225A
    Lombard, Illinois
    USA

ARA Inc Frank Stone High Pressure Ripoff Lombard Illinois

On, or about, 14 August 2017, ARA made a phone call to my son’s phone and started pressuring him about an account that I had from 1995 to 2005.  The account was closed and written off over 12 years ago.

My son gave me the phone, and they started high pressure tactics on me.  They had my SSN, Driver’s license number, address, vehicle license and credit history.  They did not have my phone number.  They threatened liens on my house.  They threatened freezing my bank accounts and garnishing my income.  They threatened taking me to court.  In a weak, frustrated, moment I gave them my card number and information and authorized the payment.

I, then, performed a cursory search and found that ARA is not what they claim to be.  They are a collection company whose name is passed around to whoever wants to attempt to collect money from idiots like me.  They are violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act by using strong-arm tactics and deceit to trick people.

They even sent me a receipt for another person’s payment.  After receiving the correct receipt that I was supposed to sign and return, I did not sign and/or return it.  They have no receipt.

The information I have on them follows:

ARA     P.O. Box 5002

Villa Park, IL 60181

Phone: 888-887-9867

Fax: 888-315-1550:

My Contact was Frank Stone

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2017 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ara-inc/lombard-illinois-60148/ara-inc-frank-stone-high-pressure-ripoff-lombard-illinois-1402920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content