Complaint Review: Arab Electric Cooperative

• Submitted: Tue, July 03, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2012
  • Reported By: Yanti — Arab Alabama U.S.A.
  • Arab Electric Cooperative
    331 Brindlee Mtn. Pkwy
    Arab, Alabama
    United States of America

I live in Arab AL  where we are required to be a "member" of the coop here for our electricity.  The problem is, the guy who runs it and the people who work there are just bullies.  Today I am woke up at 7:30 am by a man who was given an order to disconnect my services.  I asked for what. He said b/c the bill is late. I said ok and just how late is it? I just paid on it two weeks ago. I owed $89 and they were disconnecting. The man that runs the coop thinks he can just bully people. So I called and told him how ridiculous this was considering I just paid on the bill two weeks ago. He knew this but didnt care. He began getting loud with me saying you also have to pay the collection fee or it will be cut off in a couple of minutes. I told him I pay my bills I have been paying my bills and this was uncalled for. He stated, well you have another bill about to come out too. I just told him bye and hung up. I paid the bill plus the $20. However....this was just wrong especially when I know of people who live by me that had a $700 bill and theirs was late and they still had power...I guess if you are not friends with him or on a personal level with him he doesnt care. He just does what he wants.  My bils are paid. And this Arab Electric Coop....its just a man trying to control people.  But I let him know while I was on the phone...Im not one to be pushed around or bullied. I paid the bill as always but he was wrong to send someone to disconnect when payment was just made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arab-electric-cooperative/arab-alabama-35016/arab-electric-cooperative-bullies-arab-alabama-906067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Ppl need to pay attention

AUTHOR: Yanti - (U.S.A.)

kenny...yes my bill is paid as are all of my bills...and on time. stop trying to be a jerk. and I was merely stating a fact. I do as I do not what anyone else does. And I know about the persons bill because they divied up the info. Next time before u try to bash someone for not paying their bills make sure u have all ur facts. And yes Arab Coop is a ripoff and the guy tries to bully the consumers. Anymore questions about my bills??

Ppl need to pay attention

AUTHOR: Yanti - (U.S.A.)

Kenny your not reading the report

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

And I get accused of not reading posts, Kenny or Jim or ramjet or voiceofreason. Have a nice day

So, were you behind on your payments, or not?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

It doesn't matter what others are doing.

"when I know of people who live by me that had a $700 bill and theirs was late and they still had power."

How many people who live by you had $700 bills and still had power....and how did you become aware of this?

Pay your bill...on time, it's NOT optional.

No I don't work for the co-op.