Complaint Review: ARCO am/pm

• ARCO am/pm
    36001 Date Palm Drive
    Cathedral City, California
    United States of America

ARCO am/pm Gas Pump Money Machine Took My Money Did Not Credit Me for the Gasoline Cathedral City, California

Today Friday, March 25th, 2011 at about 1:55 PM I went to ARCO am / pm gasoline station at 36001 Date Palm Drive in Cathedral City, California to get gasoline for me car.  At this station you put cash into something that looks like an ATM, that allows you to pump gasoline equal to the money you put into the machine.  I wanted to pump $50 worth of gasoline.  I put in two $20 bills and the machine registered $40.  I put in a $10 bill and the machine took it and then returned it.  Due to the way the $10 bill was in my wallet it was folded in an odd way, so I tried to smooth it out and put the bill into the machine again.  It spit it out again.  I smoother it out again and put it into the machine.  This time the machine made a working sound for about 10 to 15 seconds and did not spit out the $10 bill, but it did not register an additional $10 of gasoline to be pumped.

I went inside to as the attendant what should I do.  He said that there was nothing he could do, but on Monday when they open the machine they could refund my money.  I gave the attendant $10 more.  The attendant said that he would call me on Monday at 10 to 11 AM.   I could call the station if I did not hear from him at that time to get my money back.  He gave me a card with the manager's name and phone number.

I went out side to pump my gas and did successfully pump $50 worth of gas.  I will let you know on Monday if I get my $10 back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2011 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arco-ampm/cathedral-city-california-92234/arco-ampm-gas-pump-money-machine-took-my-money-did-not-credit-me-for-the-gasoline-cathed-710277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content