Complaint Review: Argosy University

• Reported By: ccrider — saugerties New York United States of America
  • Argosy University

phoenix, Arizona
    United States of America

Argosy University STEALING FINANCIAL AID, RAISING TUITION WEEK OF DISBURSEMENT, STUDENTS NOT GETTING ANY STIPENDS1 phoenix, Arizona

I have been an Argosy student since Jan.2011. The school initially seemed legitimate and ran smoothly.   However, this year, all hell broke loose!  So many turnovers of staff, especially in the finacial aid and academic department.  I am single mother of a disabled son, who decided that it was never too late to pursue your dreams.  I wanted degree, not co-dependency on the government.

The first blow cam in March this year, when I get a bill for $1620 for a class that should have been paid for out of my financial aid!  I then get shut out of my class cause I could'nt come up with the money.  So now I am making a weekly electronic transfer out a check that is supposed to pay my basics.  I make close to nothing.

I struggle against the pending hardship, to hold on until I can get a stipend to help get this clear this balance.  I go over the current tuition owed for the month (wed), after waiting seven months for a stipend.  Suddenly later, I no longer have enough financial aid and now owe the school MORE money.  This dream that I had has turned into a sad nightmare with no way out and very unconcerned personnel who all laboriously work together to ensure that they drain you dry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/argosy-university/phoenix-arizona-/argosy-university-stealing-financial-aid-raising-tuition-week-of-disbursement-students-932187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content